- Key principles of project management,
- Project management project processes are and how they interact with one another
- Key concepts related to all the knowledge areas in project management.
The second is to refine that understanding by doing many questions to sharpen one’s ability apply these aspects in practice as indication in the question.
These aspects cannot be thoroughly understood by attending the PMP classes alone. In addition to attending the classes, one has to do as many PMP related questions. This will help students increase familiarity of what is needed to answer questions correctly.
The primary skill required to answer PMP Questions correctly are the ability to contextualize the question correctly. This in turn requires being able to recognize
- What processes are referred to in the question
- What is the primary problem/issue/complication
- What ITTO elements are involved for the relevant process
- What are the key requirements to resolve / address the issues discussed
By remaining focused on uncovering the above, you will gradually be able to recognize and avoid selecting the wrong options or bobby traps that have been plated in the minefields of the PMP exam.
Here you will find a sample of such questions that will explain the basis of selecting the correct answer and why the other options offered are wrong. Hopefully this will give you a head start as you begin navigating the minefields of the PMP exam on your own.
Dr Rumesh Kumar PMP
Sharma Management International Sdn Bhd