Knowledge Management Essentials Training Course
Designed to increase awareness of the concept of knowledge management and to train managers and executives on how to set up a knowledge management framework and undertake initiatives needed to bring the results of such a framework to fruition.
2-DAY WORKSHOP | HRDF SBL CLAIMABLE
Many activities need to be accomplished for achieving organizational business objectives. To undertake these activities successfully managing knowledge of all stakeholders both inside and outside an organization is crucial. However managing knowledge has been a challenge as it involves dealing with issues that are difficult to comprehend. Consequently, it has not been given due emphasis that commensurate with its importance.
Knowledge Management is gaining center stage attention as Malaysia transforms itself from a resource based to knowledge based economy. Knowledge based economy has been defined as a knowledge driven economy in which the generation and exploitation of knowledge plays a predominant role in the creation of wealth.
To steer the economy along the path of knowledge, the need to develop a common framework of knowledge management within the context of a Malaysian culture and business ethics is necessary. In this respect, having more people conversant with the concept of knowledge management to a point where they can garner support in its implementation is a primary requirement for this aim to be realized.
This Knowledge Management Essentials Training Course usually be conducted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
On completion of the program, the participants will have a deeper understanding of the concept behind knowledge management. They will be trained on the do’s and don’ts of successful Knowledge Management so that they will be in a better position to implement it in their workplace.
The participants will also be able to set up a preliminary knowledge management system with an appropriate KM infrastructure and relevant documentation.
Key course outcomes
- Learn and apply a Knowledge Management Framework that includes identification and analysis processes needed for continued success of the company.
- Learn & apply methods in establishing knowledge management e.g. benchmarking on the best practice.
- Identify the knowledge needed to ensure sustainability.
- Identify ways to maintain the available knowledge and successfully disseminate.
- Identify how Knowledge Management can help in searching for new knowledge or expanding the current existing knowledge.
- Learn and apply how knowledge experiences are being shared to other people.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS COURSE SYLLABUS & OUTLINE
The session starts with an overview of knowledge management in an organization. This will provide a suitable backdrop of what to expect and how to avoid common pitfalls faced when companies try to implement knowledge management in their organizational settings.
The areas covered in this section will include:
- The definition of knowledge and knowledge management in an organizational setting;
- Knowledge modes;
- Knowledge processes;
- Knowledge intensive activities;
- Knowledge age roles and success factors;
- Knowledge Management Framework components; and
- KM start up techniques.
This section covers issues relating to how Knowledge Management is to be performed in practice. In this regard, the participants will be exposed to concepts such as:
- Understand KM Benchmarking;
- High Level KM Methodology;
- Perform a Knowledge Audit;
- Create a Knowledge Map; and
- Connect and Collect Knowledge.
FAQ & FURTHER INFORMATION
The 70:20:10 Model for Learning and Development has been found to be most effective within the training profession to describe the optimal sources of learning aimed at developing work based competencies. It holds that individuals obtain 70 percent of their knowledge from job-related experiences, 20 percent from interactions with others, and 10 percent from formal educational events.
Based on this model, we propose that the Fundamentals of Project Management course be structured along similar lines. It is proposed that it is undertaken in stages. These stages will include awareness stage, appreciation stage and application stage.
- Chief Knowledge Management Officers, Knowledge Workers, Functional Managers, Departmental Managers and Executives who are involved directly or indirectly in managing knowledge either in a supportive, managerial or operational capacity.
- Learning & Development (L&D) Executives & above, Quality Management System (QMS) representatives from selected division e.g. Group Quality, Group Engineering, Group Technical Procurement & interested parties who own the processes that contribute to the success of the company
The evaluation of the learning undertaken will be based on latest version of the Kirkpatrick model of learning evaluation known as the New World Kirkpatrick Model as indicated below:
Dr Rumesh Kumar is a certified professional trainer, certified knowledge manager, certified project management professional, certified scrum trainer, and certified tetramap facilitator. He specializes in the areas of project management, knowledge management and organizational diagnostics.
In addition to being the Managing Director of the Sharma Management International, he is the Senior Denison Consulting Partner for Denison Consulting USA and the Regional Director for Kanzen Institute Asia Pacific.
Dr Rumesh is presently involved in undertaking post project reviews, and performance improvement in various projects, competency assessment and developing competency development programs as well as organizational culture profiling for senior managers in different organizations both in Malaysia and abroad.
Based on his extensive involvement in conducting management courses, Dr Rumesh undertook a series of post review sessions and was able to use the learning outcomes as learning points for sharing of real life management.
He has conducted training programs for many well-known and reputable organizations both in Malaysia as well as abroad. He has designed, developed as well as conducted training programs for well over 2,500 executives in numerous multinationals, government linked as well as business enterprises in the areas relating to managing people and business strategies both in Malaysia and abroad.
In addition to designing and conducting corporate level training, he also specializes in providing consulting services such as organizational diagnostic assessments, competency assessment, cultural and leadership profiling as well as continual productivity improvement.